Long Beach Elder Law Center
Personalized Elder Law
There are a variety of legal issues that are unique to the senior citizen segment of the population and may be overwhelming for you to handle on your own. These issues often require objective and experienced lawyers who specialize in elder law practice areas. An elder law attorney can help you or your aging loved one properly handle the legal matters, which can include financial or health care concerns, that commonly arise as we grow older.
If you or someone you know requires the assistance of a law firm that specializes in elder law, The Law Offices of Sandra Diaz PC may be able to help you. At our law firm, we focus on the often complicated issues that directly affect the elderly. It is our goal to provide you with personalized and effective solutions that are tailored for your unique situation. Whether it is planning for financial assistance for yourself or arranging for long-term care for aging family members who are no longer able to make decisions for themselves, our law firm has the knowledge and resources that can help you.
Elder Law with a Personal Touch
The Law Offices of Sandra Diaz PC is one of the most respected elder law firms in Southern California. We have a professional and friendly staff that is ready to help you with your legal matters. Our attorney, Sandra Diaz is a leading elder law attorney who uses her legal experience to guide clients through complicated legal processes and to plan for the possible challenges that comes with aging. You can count on Sandra to help you make informed decisions about the future well-being of you or your loved one.
What is Elder Law?
Elder law refers to the wide range of legal concentrations that target the issues that affect senior citizens. These practice areas are often grouped together in three different categories:
• Long-term care
• Estate administration
Our Elder Law Services
When you are searching for an elder law firm to help you, it is important to know what kind of legal matters the firm normally handles. This is so that you are sure that you are receiving counsel from attorneys that are skilled at handling the particular legal issue you are facing.
At The Law Offices of Sandra Diaz PC, we take a comprehensive approach to practicing elder law. The services we offer are designed to address almost any senior-related, legal issue that you may have. So that we can provide you with efficient services, we may collaborate with other professionals, including social workers and medical specialists, so that you have access to the resources you or your loved one need. You can contact us for assistance with:
- Long-term care — Being able to pay for the increasing levels of care that seniors need is a serious issue. We can help.
- Medi-Cal qualification — Medi-Cal is a tremendously beneficial state program that can help pay for long-term care.
- Medicare — This federal program offers seniors many benefits that can help them secure the care they need.
- Veterans benefits — For those who served in the military, the Department of Veterans Affairs offers many benefits.
- VA Aid and Attendance qualification — This program provides assistance in paying for long-term care to veterans who served during wartime.
- Nursing homes/assisted living — Nursing homes and assisted living facilities offer different levels of care that are designed to meet the needs of seniors who are at different points on the continuum of care.
- Nursing home abuse — We can help you hold accountable those who have harmed your senior loved one.
- Financial planning — Proper financial planning can help people prepare for the future and effectively face more immediate health care costs in such a way as to minimize the impact to finances and assets such as the home.
- Estate planning — Drafting a will, trust, advance health care directive and durable power of attorney for financial affairs can help you ensure that your wishes regarding your own future and the future of your estate are respected.
- Life care — Life care planning is a comprehensive approach that addresses all of a senior’s needs, from financial to health care and estate planning. We are skilled at looking at the full scope of senior needs and how best to meet them.
- Probate — We can help you administer the estate of a loved one where a will was in place.
- Trust administration — The use of trusts is growing in popularity. If you need to administer a trust, we can help you carry out those responsibilities.
What to Expect
At our law firm, it is our goal to provide every client exactly what they need to ensure that their assets are being maximized and that their long-term care is being provided for. All of our prospective clients receive a free, initial consultation. During this meeting, any questions that you have about our law firm or the services we provide will be answered, and you will be able to discuss the issues you or your elderly family member is facing. After evaluating the specific circumstances surrounding your situation, we will inform you of the different options that are at your disposal.
The solutions we offer will vary, depending on what your specific needs are. We have working knowledge of an extensive array of public programs that have resources set aside specifically for seniors who are veterans. We can also walk you through the legal transactions concerning the future of your estate. Whatever you needs are, you can depend on us to design a customized course of action to achieve the results that you want.
If you are a senior citizen or the adult child of an aging parent, don’t hesitate to contact our law firm. We will advocate on your behalf and work to provide you with what you need to safeguard your future and those of the people you care about.